We have over 30 years experience undertaking specialist electromagentic transient (EMT) studies.
EMT studies differ from conventional power system analysis techniques which are based on a balanced model of the power system with the model impedances at nominal frequency.
Our track record includes:
● Sub-synchronous torsional analysis
● Capacitor, filter, high voltage overhead line, high voltage cable, and transformer inrush switching studies
● Circuit breaker transient recovery voltage (TRV) calculations
● Fast front insulation coordination studies to confirm rating and placement of surge arresters
● Harmonic distortion estimation via time domain simulation studies
● Inter-harmonic currents and machine torsional vibration interactions
● Transient analysis of Is-Limiter operation
● Pulsed power load analysis
● 400 kV cable switching analysis